Live in Caregiver
Through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), a family may be able to hire a caregiver/nanny for children, elderly or persons with disability. There are several requirements that both the hiring family and the foreign caregiver has to meet in addition to obtaining the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) in order to be granted a work permit.
This process can be very onerous, intense and time consuming with very little to no room for error. Whether you already have a caregiver in mind or are still on the search for that perfect fit, we can help.
Our experienced professional consultants at Northern Connections Canada Immigration will assist in your quest to find a reliable, capable and of course, trusted caregiver to be around your family.
We are committed to listening to the needs of our clients and will take the hassle out of applying for LMIA and work permit to bring your caregiver to Canada while you focus on your family.
Benefits of Hiring a Foreign Caregiver
- Cheaper than hiring local
- Foreign workers are willing to live in and provide additional support
- Long term commitment of 1 or 2 years
- Different culture with some bilingual and able to teach children another language or your language
- Flexibility of having a caregiver at home relieving you of the rush to leave work and pick up at daycare
- Help with daily routine
What We Do
Interview prospective applicants provide guidance with selection
- All necessary advertising
- Prepare work contract
- Prepare and submit LMIA application
- Prepare and submit work permit application
- Provide information kit with labour laws and government info sheets
- Payroll and other support services after arrival